Saturday, October 3, 2009

Posted by Sharon Sprague


Hello, Friends, from a Golden Lion at heart who moved before I could graduate with all of you! You have been in my heart for the past 40 years. I've wondered who you've become and if your lives have been all that you had dreamt they would be back when PiHi ruled the gridiron and the girls won state basketball.

And, if any OLA alums remember all the Krispy Kreme's we sold, how Dick Whire used to shoot peas down the straw into his milk (back when the cafeteria first began before his Mom took it over and made a restaurant out of it!), or the Sunday Monsignor left the consecration out of the Mass! And, how 'bout those May processions?!

Hope we can get to know each other all over again! Bless me with a "Hello!" at Sharon.L.Sprague@gmail.com for it would truly be a blessing to hear from you.

1 comment:

  1. Sharon - Nice to 'see' you. I'm another OLA alumnus - and yes, I do remember the processions! My clearest memory of OLA was learning to make spit balls from Michael Maeder in kindergarten. He was such an artist! A funny memory from Pi-Hi, which I forgot to mention to Mike Mulvihill and Steve Morgan, was when Latin teacher, Mrs. Swiler (sp?) was conjugating the verb, PUDER. When she pronounced PUDIMOS (translates to 'we can' I think), the boys kept asking, "Who poo de mos?" I thought I would die laughing. I looked up to see Mrs. Swiler's back at the chalkboard - with shoulders shaking as she struggled not to laugh herself.

    It was a blast to see everyone after 30 years.

    Thanks again to Kathy for setting this up for us!

    Lyn Simon Bell

    ReplyDelete